Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Frank Drost <fd...@unimelb.edu.au> on 2008/10/31 01:36:58 UTC

what is subversion

Hi,

I am being told often that I will have to use subversion with the next
generation of climate models I will be working with. But what is
"Subversion version control system". I know it is not a
computerlanguage, nor a computersystem. Going by the title, I think it
might be a way to (easily) deal with various versions of the same
program, so that you can use settings in version 10 in version 20, etc.
Is that right?

Is there anyone who can enlighten me within 1 paragraph and not using
too much computer jargon?

Regards

Frank Drost

Re: what is subversion