Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2010/10/04 12:09:18 UTC

[axis2-1.2 SV & MS .NET WCF 3.5 CL] Password encryption in a heterogeneous environment

Hi all,

has someone come allong with the following and gained experience in a
heterogenous environment on the following topics
a)	How to setup / pass allong in a soap-header or boady / encrypt-
decrypt passwords
b)	Encrypt at my MS Windows VISTA .NET WCF 3.5 Client
c)	Decrypt the password and get clear text at my Axis2-1.2 or
Axis2-1.5.1 Web Service Server or Service (
d)	Then use the password in clear text at the server to login
against the OpenVMS User Authentication facility (UAF)

Any hints welcome

Rampart would be fine but what shall I use on the Vista WCF 3.5 side?

Is there a wsdl fragment avail to generate code for the .NET WCF 3.5 PC
client to encrypt a password and
What woul dbe the counterpart at the axis2 web service engine side?

Josef

AW: [axis2-1.2 SV & MS .NET WCF 3.5 CL] Password encryption in a heterogeneous environment

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
In .-1 I am asking some questions regarding interoperability of
Security. WSS10 and WSS11 and WS-Security and WS-TRUST etc. WS-*

Part of the potential answers are shown below.

Now - I would like to know from Axis2 / Rampart Experts,

The map from WCF WS-Security Models indicated below (supported by
example code) to Axis2 / Rampart Models?

 "In particular which MS Approach shall I take to match a possible Axis2
WS-Security approach/policy/implementation?"

I must be able to encrypt the password for transport to the server,
there - I need access to the clear text password for login at the

servers legacy part using the OpenVMS UAF (user
authentication/authorization facility). That's it.

So - Which model supports what I want? i.e.

Message Security with username Client example shows how to make the
service authenticating toward the client with a X509 certificate, (not
what I need)

while the client sends the password encrypted (guess it is what I need)
but can I have it without the X509 stuff from the server?

Josef

Good references at MS MSDN

the following was taken from

Common Security Scenarios .NET Framework 4

Other Versions <javascript:;>
.NET Framework 3.5
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms730301(v=VS.90).aspx>

*	.NET Framework 3.0
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms730301(v=VS.85).aspx>

The topics in this section catalog a number of possible client and
service security configurations.

Configurations vary according to a number of factors. For example,
whether a service or client is on an intranet,
or whether the security is provided by Windows or transport (such as
HTTPS).

In This Section

Internet Unsecured Client and Service
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733091.aspx>

An example of a public, unsecured client and service.

Intranet Unsecured Client and Service
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms734784.aspx>

A basic Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service developed to
provide information on a secure private network to a WCF application.

Transport Security with Basic Authentication
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733775.aspx>

The application allows clients to log on using custom authentication.

Transport Security with Windows Authentication
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733089.aspx>

Shows a client and service secured by Windows security.

Transport Security with an Anonymous Client
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms729789.aspx>

This scenario uses transport security (such as HTTPS) to ensure
confidentiality and integrity.

Transport Security with Certificate Authentication
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731074.aspx>

Shows a client and service secured by a certificate.

Message Security with an Anonymous Client
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733938.aspx>

Shows a client and service secured by WCF message security.

Message Security with a User Name Client
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731058.aspx>

The client is a Windows Forms application that allows clients to log on
using a domain user name and password.

Message Security with a Certificate Client
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733098.aspx>

Servers have certificates, and each client has a certificate. A security
context is established through Transport Layer Security (TLS)
negotiation.

Message Security with a Windows Client
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms729709.aspx>

A variation of the certificate client. Servers have certificates, and
each client has a certificate. A security context is established through
TLS negotiation.

Message Security with a Windows Client without Credential Negotiation
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms735117.aspx>

Shows a client and service secured by a Kerberos domain.

Message Security with Mutual Certificates
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733102.aspx>

Servers have certificates, and each client has a certificate. The server
certificate is distributed with the application and is available out of
band.

Message Security with Issued Tokens
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms789013.aspx>

Federated security that enables the establishment of trust between
independent domains.

Trusted Subsystem
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms730288.aspx>

A client accesses one or more Web services that are distributed across a
network. The Web services access additional resources (such as databases
or other Web services) that must be secured.

Reference

System.ServiceModel
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.servicemodel.aspx>

Related Sections

Authorization <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms733071.aspx>

Security Overview
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms735093.aspx>

Windows Communication Foundation Security
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms732362.aspx>

Bindings and Security
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms731172.aspx>

Securing Services and Clients