Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by George Dubois <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 19:30:51 UTC

Windows 8

I tried to install the latest 4.1.2 version of open office but when I try
to run the installation I get an error message saying that the program
won't run on my machine which I believe is Windows 8.
How do I find my version of windows and how can i install the update?
Thanks,
George

Re: Windows 8

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 12:45 03/12/2015 -0600, Wade Smart wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:30 PM, George Dubois wrote:
>>I tried to install the latest 4.1.2 version of open office but when
>>I try to run the installation I get an error message saying that
>>the program won't run on my machine which I believe is Windows 8.
>>How do I find my version of windows and how can i install the update?
>
>You may have downloaded a 64 bit for a 32 bit machine.

Surely there is no 64-bit version for Windows?

Brian Barker

Re: Windows 8

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:30 PM, George Dubois <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to install the latest 4.1.2 version of open office but when I try
> to run the installation I get an error message saying that the program
> won't run on my machine which I believe is Windows 8.
> How do I find my version of windows and how can i install the update?
> Thanks,
> George

You may have downloaded a 64 bit for a 32 bit machine.
Click on your search and type Control Panel. When it
comes up click on System. The General tab will tell you
if you have 32 or 64.

Re: Windows 8

Posted by Dave Bridges <it...@polka.co.za>.
How do I unsubscribe from this group?