Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Berry, Eric " <Er...@cable.comcast.com> on 2006/08/09 18:25:58 UTC

Release Plugin and Parent POM Issues

We have a master POM file that contains common version information,
common plug-in settings, and common repository settings.  There are also
two different profiles in this master POM.  One profile is used for
development builds.  The other profile is used for release builds.  All
of our build POMs reference this master POM as their parent.

Problems:

1.	When I run mvn help:active-profiles or mvn release:prepare or
mvn release:perform on one of our child POMs, it does not seem to
correctly display the correct profile in the master POM.  This causes my
release not to build correctly because it chooses the wrong profile in
the master POM for the build.

2.	When I perform a release build.  I first run a release on the
master POM file.  Then I have to manual edit each of my child POM with
the correct version number of the parent POM before I do the release and
after I complete the release.  Is there any way to either request a
feature for the release plugin or manually edit the release plugin
myself so that the release plugin will prompt for the release version
and next development version of the parent POM and have the release
plugin write those versions into the child POM file automatically?

Re: Release Plugin and Parent POM Issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Please don't crosspost. Your question should be answered on the users@ list.

Thanks,
Brett