Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amar Kamat <am...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/05/13 06:33:47 UTC

Re: Need Help

hemal patel wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> Can u help me to solve this problem..
>
> When I am trying to run this program it give me error like this.
>
>  bin/hadoop jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'
> 08/05/12 17:32:59 INFO mapred.FileInputFormat: Total input paths to process
> : 12
> java.io.IOException: Not a file: hdfs://localhost:9000/user/hemal/input/conf
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:170)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:515)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:753)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.examples.Grep.run(Grep.java:69)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.examples.Grep.main(Grep.java:93)
>         at
>         at
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver$ProgramDescription.invoke(ProgramDriver.java:68)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.util.ProgramDriver.driver(ProgramDriver.java:139)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.examples.ExampleDriver.main(ExampleDriver.java:49)
>         at
>         at
>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:155).
>

> And also one more error
>
> hemal@linux-j6hd:~/hadoop-0.15.3> bin/hadoop jar usr/hemal/wordconut.jar

Two things to check
1) The jar file should be on the local disk and not on the DFS. It looks
like 'usr/hemal/wordconut.jar' is the dfs path. So the command would
look like
bin/hadoop jar /local/path/to/jar/job.jar args
So if you have the jar file in your home folder then you can use
~/job.jar or /home/user-name/job.jar
2) Also make sure its wordconut.jar and not wordcount.jar
Amar

P.S Changing the mailing list to core-user.