Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Lanpher <jl...@stealthnetworking.com> on 2003/08/07 16:06:59 UTC

Security Relm

I am trying to set up a JDBC Realm in the server.xml file so that I can
stop using the tomcat-users.xml file
The following code is what I did to create my Realm

<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
                driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
                connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority"
                connectionName="tomcat"
                connectionPassword="4449e7bf45f50256a20a14ad667f38db"
                userTable="users"
                userNameCol="user_name"
                userCredCol="user_pass"
                userRoleTable="user_roles"
                roleNameCol="role_name"
                debug="99"
                digest="md5"

        />

The last thing I did was commented out the standard Realm
<!--
                debug="0"
                resourceName="UserDatabase"
                digest="md5"
        />
-->

Then I go to restart tomcat and apache and tomcat dies after about 30
seconds.

Can anybody provide me with some insight as to what I am doing wrong or
anything I might have left out.

--What I have--
I am using tomcat 4.1.24 and apache 1.3.*

Red Hat Linux 7.2

Thanks in advance,

Jason Lanpher

jlanpher@stealthnetworking.com