Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Alex Florentino <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/04 03:00:56 UTC

Wrong error message

Hi all,

I was trying make an hello world with tapestry 5, but I make mistake, sample
:

my web.xml :

    <context-param>
        <param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
        <param-value>my.package.tutorial</param-value>
    </context-param>

        <filter>

            <filter-name>app</filter-name>
            <filter-class>org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter</filter-class>
        </filter>

        <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>app</filter-name>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

I create very simple Index.tml but I was putting Index.java at package
my.package.tutorial(if package my.package.tutorial it works) then I get :

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Symbol 'tapestry.app-package' is not
defined.
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl$SymbolExpansion.expandSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:136)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl$SymbolExpansion.valueForSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:99)
        at
org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.SymbolSourceImpl.valueForSymbol(SymbolSourceImpl.java:214)

this error message is wrong, because I had defined tapestry.app-package
parameter.

thanks,

Alex