Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Owen <jo...@ubiquitysoftware.com> on 2007/06/06 11:59:14 UTC

binding.ws wsdl generation

Hi there,

I've downloaded the Tuscany SCA Java 0.90 release and tried the
binding.ws examples. These work fine for me as they are, however I'm
interested in WSDL generation. I changed the helloworld-ws-service so
that it looked like the example given at the bottom of page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+binding.ws
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Java+binding.ws>
, and removed the exisiting WSDL. As I understand it this will generate
some WSDL.

I get the following exception:

[java] Exception in thread "main" org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADoma
in.java:263)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.newInstance(SCADomain.jav
a:68)
     [java]  at
helloworld.HelloWorldServer.main(HelloWorldServer.java:33)
     [java] Caused by: org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(Defaul
tSCADomain.java:148)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADoma
in.java:229)
     [java]  ... 2 more
     [java] Caused by:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.ActivationException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.start(Composi
teActivatorImpl.java:593)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(Defaul
tSCADomain.java:146)
     [java]  ... 3 more
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.createA
xisService(Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:235)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.start(A
xis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:115)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.startComposit
e(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:175)
     [java]  at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.start(Composi
teActivatorImpl.java:591)
     [java]  ... 4 more

Should I be able to do this, or is WSDL generation not supported yet?

--
Cheers
Jim

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

Re: binding.ws wsdl generation

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On 6/6/07, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.start(A
> > xis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:115)
> >      [java]  at
> > org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.startComposit
> > e(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:175)
> >      [java]  at
> > org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.runtime.CompositeActivatorImpl.start(Composi
> > teActivatorImpl.java:591)
> >      [java]  ... 4 more
> >
> > Should I be able to do this, or is WSDL generation not supported yet?
>

> That doc page is a bit misleading sorry, the sample at the bottom is
> pasted in from my local code base which didn't make it into the 0.90
> release - in 0.90 WSDL generation isn't supported. Should be going in 0.91which is planed for early July, or it should be available in one of the
> nightly builds in not too long, i can let you know when if you'd like to

Turns out there's some issues getting this to work properly so its not going
to possible to get it done in time for 0.91, should be in the release after
that.

   ...ant

Re: binding.ws wsdl generation

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.