Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2006/11/10 16:58:08 UTC

[legal] Export controls

I believe that Harmony should be complying with the US export controls
for our JSE crypto enablement code, since it is 'specifically designed
to enable cryptography' [1] and our developer releases contain the
bouncy castle algorithm providers.

FYI I'll go through the required steps in the ASF document to ensure we
are 'on-side', but I expect it to be an admin issue that doesn't
materially affect our day to day activities.

Of course, I'll bring anything of interest back to the list.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Regards,
Tim

--