Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Valerie Elliott <ve...@sprynet.com> on 2006/08/18 23:44:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Offline Apache Manual

I have recently installed Apache 2.2.3 on Windows XP in console mode.  The
notes under "Testing the Installation" say that in response to my entering
http://localhost:8080/ Apache should display a welcome page and a link to
the Apache manual.  The page that is actually displayed only says "It
works!", and there is no link to the manual.  As a result, I cannot figure
out how to start the offline documentation manually.  I would appreciate
any help that can be provided.  Thanks in advance.

Re: [users@httpd] Offline Apache Manual

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/18/06, Valerie Elliott <ve...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> I have recently installed Apache 2.2.3 on Windows XP in console mode.  The
> notes under "Testing the Installation" say that in response to my entering
> http://localhost:8080/ Apache should display a welcome page and a link to
> the Apache manual.  The page that is actually displayed only says "It
> works!", and there is no link to the manual.  As a result, I cannot figure
> out how to start the offline documentation manually.  I would appreciate
> any help that can be provided.  Thanks in advance.

For windows, you are better off downloading on of the
windows-help-format versions of the docs.

If you really want to access the docs through apache httpd, look at
the file conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf for an example of how to
configure it.

Joshua.