Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com> on 2005/12/12 19:50:01 UTC

Re:failure in derbynet/prepStmt.java

> Also running derbyall last night, I noticed a failure on jdk 1.4.2
>
> derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/prepStmt.java
>
> *** Start: prepStmt jdk1.4.2_03 DerbyNet derbynetmats:derbynetmats 2005
> 77a78
>
>>Test jira614 completed successfully -- no Distributed Protocol Except
>
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   prepStmt jdk1.4.2_03 DerbyNet derbynetmats:derbynetmats 2005

This is definitely a new line of output that was part of the changes to
614. A couple possibilities occur to me:

1) I might have missed a copy of prepStmt.out somewhere in the tree. I
    found 3 copies, but maybe there are more?
2) You might have omitted a call to 'ant testing' or somehow the updated
    copy of prepStmt.out didn't make it into your testing jars?
3) I might be reading the diff the wrong way: perhaps you have the new
    version of prepStmt.out, but you have an old version of prepStmt.java?

Can you confirm that your copy of prepStmt.java contains the new
jira614Test() method, and that your copy of prepStmt.out contains the
line 78:

Test jira614 completed successfully -- no Distributed Protocol Exception occurred

thanks,

bryan

Re: failure in derbynet/prepStmt.java

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> This is definitely a new line of output that was part of the changes to
> 614. A couple possibilities occur to me:
>
> 1) I might have missed a copy of prepStmt.out somewhere in the tree. I
>    found 3 copies, but maybe there are more?
> 2) You might have omitted a call to 'ant testing' or somehow the updated
>    copy of prepStmt.out didn't make it into your testing jars?
> 3) I might be reading the diff the wrong way: perhaps you have the new
>    version of prepStmt.out, but you have an old version of prepStmt.java?

Actually ended up to be

4) Kathey had a fourth private copy of  master/DerbyNet/prepStmt.out
in her workspace for some unkown reason.
Sorry for the trouble.  Looks like operator error.