Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 05:07:44 UTC

what's counterpart for org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst in YARN

Hi,

I'm migrating my application from MR v.1 to YARN, I do not know how to
convert my class which extends
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst, I want this class to run
as TaskTracker starts up, if I migrate to YARN, I want it to run as
NodeManager starts up, so how can I make this happen?

--
--Anfernee

Re: what's counterpart for org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst in YARN

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh,

My target is that I want to monitor disk space usage on each node in the
cluster, if space usage reaches to a certain threshold on one node, my
scheduler will not select slot on that node, in order to do that, I have a
instrumentation class on each TT to report disk space usage to JobTracker
periodically. Now I want to move to YARN, I also notice YARN metric system:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/metrics2/package-summary.html,
 do you think I can use it?

For example,

1) I implement a metric source to collect disk space usage
2) write a filter to only collect this metric
3) write a sink to publish the metric to RM

Please comment.

Thanks a lot

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh,

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh,

Posted by Anfernee Xu <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsh,

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: what's counterpart for org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst in YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: what's counterpart for org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst in YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: what's counterpart for org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTrackerMetricsInst in YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J