Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yu Jie <we...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/11 07:56:19 UTC

about Jakarta Slide commercial use

Dear,

    Our organization is planning a big project which
is a Linux-Embedded system and will be sold as
products in the market.
    It is necessary for us to choose a WebDAV product.
>From internet, we found your WebDAV product -- Jakarta
Slide.
    As we now basicly have decided to choose Jakarta
Slide in our Linux-embedded system, we would like to
know wether we have to obtain some special license or
patent to be allowed to use Jakarta Slide commercially
because we will use Jakarta Slide in our product to be
sold in the market. Though we know that Jakarta Slide
is under the Apache License 2.0 , we are still not
quite sure what to do with the situation of commercial
use.
    If so, could you tell us the operation flow and
how much money we have to pay for it if necessary.
    Thank you very much!

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Yu Jie
2005.4.11