Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ken Moore <km...@mooresweb.com> on 2011/06/09 17:00:01 UTC

Re: help needed: heap corruption when activemq-cpp routines called

Andrew Marlow <ma...@...> writes:

> Yes, that was definiately part of the problem. Also I had not used the
> correct macros for checked iterators in the STL, to be consistent with the
> rest of our build. It is all working now. Many thanks for your help
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:35 AM, jolly.Wang <wa...@...> wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell me what macros you corrected to solve your problem? I am having
the same issues here. I have the correct versions linked but am still getting
the heap corruptions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Re: help needed: heap corruption when activemq-cpp routines called

Posted by Ivan Pechorin <iv...@gmail.com>.
2011/6/9 Ken Moore <km...@mooresweb.com>:

>> Yes, that was definiately part of the problem. Also I had not used the
>> correct macros for checked iterators in the STL, to be consistent with the
>> rest of our build. It is all working now. Many thanks for your help
>>
> Can you tell me what macros you corrected to solve your problem? I am having
> the same issues here. I have the correct versions linked but am still getting
> the heap corruptions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose, the macros in question is _SECURE_SCL. It is defined to 1
by default in two places within activemq-cpp:
src\main\activemq\util\Config.h and src\main\decaf\util\Config.h,
without any check if for release or debug mode. AFAIK, this behaviour
matches the defaults set in Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 (where
_SECURE_SCL defaults to 1 both in release and debug modes). Visual
Studio 2010 changed the default for release mode: _SECURE_SCL = 0.