Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/08 18:06:18 UTC

skipping invalid segments

Hello,

I tried to crawl manually, only a list of urls. I have issued the
following commands:

bin/nutch inject /home/crawl/crawldb /home/urls

bin/nutch generate /home/crawl/crawldb /home/crawl/segments

bin/nutch fetch /home/crawl/segments/123456789

bin/nutch updatedb /home/crawl/crawldb /home/crawl/segments/123456789
-noAdditions

however for the last command: it skips the segment 12345789 saying it
is an invalid segment?

This is exactly what I need (the -noAdditions flag) but it will not
updatedb. What might have done wrong?

Best Regards,
-C.B.

Re: skipping invalid segments

Posted by Cam Bazz <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

It appears that in my previous message I had ommitted to write -dir in
my message, but had actually written -dir in my console.

However, I have found out that I need to nutch parse
/home/crawl/segments/12345 before updating a db.

By the way: what exactly is a segment, and how is data stored under
this segment? I think it is a hadoop format.

Best Regards,
-C.B.

Posted by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi C.B.,