Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Nathaniel Reed <na...@seastore.jpl.nasa.gov> on 2001/12/05 23:56:42 UTC

incomplete torque documentation

I can't find what data types are supported in data objects..  Here's an
excerpt from Torque Schema reference:

The column element has 8 attributes associated with it, they are:

name - The name of the column being referenced
javaName - How this column will be referred to in Java
primaryKey - Is this a primary key or not (true or false)
required - Whether a value is required in this field (true or false)
type - What type of column is it? (Covered below), defaults to VARCHAR

"Covered below" seems to refer to documentation in some other context,
because there is no such information on that page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/torque-schema-ref.html

--
Nate Reed
Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center

Re: incomplete torque documentation

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Nathaniel Reed <na...@seastore.jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> "Covered below" seems to refer to documentation in some other context,
> because there is no such information on that page:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/torque-schema-ref.html

It would be great if you would submit a patch to the relevant xdoc.
In the mean time, here's the types for standalone Torque (from
database.dtd).  They should be appropximately what you've got in the
released version.

<!ELEMENT column (inheritance*)>
<!ATTLIST column
  name CDATA #REQUIRED
  javaName CDATA #IMPLIED
  primaryKey (true|false) "false"
  required (true|false) "false"
  type
    (
          BIT  | TINYINT | SMALLINT    | INTEGER    | BIGINT    | FLOAT
        | REAL | NUMERIC | DECIMAL     | CHAR       | VARCHAR   | LONGVARCHAR
        | DATE | TIME    | TIMESTAMP   | BINARY     | VARBINARY | LONGVARBINARY
        | NULL | OTHER   | JAVA_OBJECT | DISTINCT   | STRUCT    | ARRAY
        | BLOB | CLOB    | REF         | BOOLEANINT | BOOLEANCHAR
        | DOUBLE
    ) "VARCHAR"
  size CDATA #IMPLIED
  default CDATA #IMPLIED
  autoIncrement (true|false) "false"
  inheritance (single|false) "false"
  inputValidator CDATA #IMPLIED
  javaNamingMethod (nochange|underscore|javaname) #IMPLIED

Re: incomplete torque documentation

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 12/5/01 5:56 PM, "Nathaniel Reed" <na...@seastore.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> I can't find what data types are supported in data objects..  Here's an
> excerpt from Torque Schema reference:

The types supported are those specified by the JDBC spec.