Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/01 15:01:28 UTC

zookeeper heap size configuration

Hi ,
What is the way to set/change heap size of zookeeper? (we use CDH3U3
cloudera)

     From hadoop book I found:

"If the process swaps to disk, performance will suffer adversely. This can
be avoided by
setting the Java heap size to less than the amount of physical memory
available on the
machine. The ZooKeeper scripts will source a file called java.env from its
configuration
directory, and this can be used to set the JVMFLAGS environment variable to
set the heap
size (and any other desired JVM arguments)"

Is that a way to set heap size? Can someone  please give me an example of
java.env with heap size definition?

Thanks in advance.
Oleg.

Re: zookeeper heap size configuration

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Put a java.env file in the conf directory.

Jordan Zimmerman