Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Scott Thomas <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/17 17:42:29 UTC

RPC relay trouble

Howdy!

So, I have a page with a gadget container located here:

http://localhost:8080/foo/bar

And I have shindig installed with the server base set to:

http://localhost:8080/gadgets/

Which means, for example, that my rpc_relay.html file is located here:

http://localhost:8080/gadgets/files/container/rpc_relay.html

Now, I am hosting a gadget which has an invocation of gadgets.rpc.call
defined in a javascript file from another domain. When the page loads,
firebug reports 2 errors:

1) No relay set (used as window.postMessage targetOrigin), cannot send
cross-domain message
    var m=p.parentRelayUrl;\n

2) p is undefined
    var m=p.parentRelayUrl;

I've googled around and tried everything I can think of to no avail.
I've looked in firebug's "net" tab and don't see any requests
(successful or failed) to rpc_relay.html. When I load gadgets into the
sample containers, they work just fine. What am I not doing or what
can I do to debug the problem?

Thanks!

- Scott

Re: RPC relay trouble

Posted by Scott Thomas <lu...@gmail.com>.
FYI I fixed the problem. I made the mistake of overriding
gadgets.IfrGadget.prototype.CONTAINER. Apparently if you override that
prototype, RPC stops working. The correct way to specify the container
is to add container: "value" onto the params object passed to
gadgets.container.createGadget.