Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Williams Timothy <Ti...@comverse.com> on 2005/11/04 18:18:45 UTC

FileUploadException

class can not be

loaded and the servlet then becomes unavailable.

If I comment out that try/catch block, everything works fine.  I just
create a DiskFileUpload

object.  Both of these classes reside in the same place.

Any hint at why my servlet would find one class and not the other?

Thanks

Tim W

Re: FileUploadException

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/4/05, Williams Timothy <Ti...@comverse.com> wrote:

> class can not be
>
> loaded and the servlet then becomes unavailable.
>

> If I comment out that try/catch block, everything works fine. I just
> create a DiskFileUpload
>
> object. Both of these classes reside in the same place.
>

> Any hint at why my servlet would find one class and not the other?

Make sure that you are including the Commons FileUpload jar in you war file,
and not in some shared location. You are probably running into a conflict
with another version of FileUpload elsewhere in the container's classpath.

--
Martin Cooper

Thanks