Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Lox <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 12:13:06 UTC

Result list order in case of ties

Hi,

In the case where two or more documents are returned with the same score, is
there a way to tell Solr to sort them alphabetically?

I have already tried to use the tie-breaker, but I have just one field to
search.

Thank you.

Re: Result list order in case of ties

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <so...@kuli.org>.
Am 12.07.2011 12:13, schrieb Lox:
> Hi,
>
> In the case where two or more documents are returned with the same score, is
> there a way to tell Solr to sort them alphabetically?

Yes, add the parameter

sort=score desc,your_field_that_shall_be_sorted_alphabetically asc

to your request.

Greetings,
Kuli

Re: Result list order in case of ties

Posted by François Schiettecatte <fs...@gmail.com>.
You just need to provide a second sort field along the lines of:

	sort=score desc, author desc

François