Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2016/11/30 19:24:52 UTC

Save the date: ApacheCon Miami, May 15-19, 2017

Dear Apache enthusiast,

ApacheCon and Apache Big Data will be held at the Intercontinental in
Miami, Florida, May 16-18, 2017. Submit your talks, and register, at
http://apachecon.com/  Talks aimed at the Big Data section of the event
should go to
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
while other talks should go to
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

ApacheCon is the best place to meet the people that develop the software
that you use and rely on. It\u2019s also a great opportunity to deepen your
involvement in the project, and perhaps make the leap to contributing.
And we find that user case studies, showcasing how you use Apache
projects to solve real world problems, are very popular at this event.
So, do consider whether you have a use case that might make a good
presentation.

ApacheCon will have many different ways that you can participate:

Technical Content: We\u2019ll have three days of technical sessions covering
many of the projects at the ASF. We\u2019ll be publishing a schedule of talks
on March 9th, so that you can plan what you\u2019ll be attending

BarCamp: The Apache BarCamp is a standard feature of ApacheCon - an
un-conference style event, where the schedule is determined on-site by
the attendees, and anything is fair game.

Lightning Talks: Even if you don\u2019t give a full-length talk, the
Lightning Talks are five minute presentations on any topic related to
the ASF, and can be given by any attendee. If there\u2019s something you\u2019re
passionate about, consider giving a Lightning Talk.

Sponsor: It costs money to put on a conference, and this is a great
opportunity for companies involved in Apache projects, or who benefit
from Apache code - your employers - to get their name and products in
front of the community. Sponsors can start any any monetary level, and
can sponsor everything from the conference badge lanyard, through larger
items such as video recordings and evening events. For more information
on sponsoring ApacheCon, see http://apachecon.com/sponsor/

So, get your tickets today at http://apachecon.com/ and submit your
talks. ApacheCon Miami is going to be our best ApacheCon yet, and you,
and your project, can\u2019t afford to miss it.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@apache.org
VP, Conferences

REMOVE

Posted by Richard Steiger <rs...@ensemblesoft.net>.
REMOVE

Re: Save the date: ApacheCon Miami, May 15-19, 2017

Posted by Cliff Bryant <cb...@gmail.com>.
Rich,

Please remove me from your mailing list.  Thanks.

Cliff Bryant

email: cbryant1000@gmail.com | cell: (617) 417-1414 | linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/cliffbryant | KB1YQL |

Accomplished IT professional with a history of developing multi-tier
enterprise applications for Windows and Linux / UNIX platforms.

Highly experienced with enterprise Java / J2EE with web application
development, and web services with a SOA emphasis.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
My experience doing a handful of presentations taught me that people want
to know:

- Why should I use a logging framework at all (yes, that's a real question).
- How do I get off the ground? Log4j can't find the config file.
- You can do what? Really? Awesome!

Gary

JUnit in Action, Second Edition

Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: Save the date: ApacheCon Miami, May 15-19, 2017

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Save the date: ApacheCon Miami, May 15-19, 2017

Posted by Apache <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>