Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Leif Nilsson TACMa <le...@tac.se> on 2002/10/28 19:10:14 UTC

Attachments through COMProvider

Hi!

We send XML-files through Apache Soap.
There is a COM-server accessed via Apaches COMProvider.
The best way to send files as discussed is through attachments.
The only way I have figured out to do this via the ComProvider is to alter
the
 org.apache.soap.providers.com.RPCProvider.java code.

I'm sure there is a better way but I will explain what I have done.
  I have added an option for the COmProvider DeploymentDescriptor
(attachString), which if present and set to true will cause
  Strings returned from COM-servers to be packaged in a DataHandler object
using UTF-8 coding.

Any suggestions for how to do this better / cleaner ?
Cf. attached java code.
 <<Original RPCProvider.java>>  <<RPCProvider.java>>

Leif Nilsson
Software Engineer

TAC AB
Jägershillgatan 18
SE-213 75 Malmö, Sweden
Direct	+46 40 38 69 56
Fax	+46 40 21 82 87
Mobile	+46 46 299 89 56
www.tac-global.com

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you have
received this transmission in error, please delete it immediately and notify
me by mailing me.

Re: Attachments through COMProvider

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I have not forgotten about this, but I'm still thinking it over.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.