Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Novich, Jonathan" <jo...@lavastorm-engineering.com> on 2003/05/23 03:06:48 UTC

Another newbie question

Hi folks-

One more newbie question.  When I'm using define:jellybean, where does my
class need to live to be picked up?
[ I hacked around this by appending to the MAVEN_CLASSPATH vble in the
startup script - but I'm sure that's not recommended ]
Do I need to create a jar and create a dependency in the project?

Thanks so much-

-j

Re: Another newbie question

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Novich, Jonathan wrote:
> Hi folks-
>
> One more newbie question.  When I'm using define:jellybean, where does my
> class need to live to be picked up?
> [ I hacked around this by appending to the MAVEN_CLASSPATH vble in the
> startup script - but I'm sure that's not recommended ]
> Do I need to create a jar and create a dependency in the project?

This coud possibly work but you need to fiddle with "classloader"
dependencie's property to make it work.
Another option would be creating a custom plugin.
(I assume that you are trying to use your own jellybean in the maven.xml
of your project)

R.