Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Markus Spath <ms...@arcor.de> on 2004/01/14 00:05:28 UTC

problem with style task in ant 1.6

hi,

trying to switch from ant 1.5.1 to 1.6.0 I noticed a change of behaviour with
the style task.

I basically use it for generating the documentation for projects via the
docbook xsl stylesheets using a customisation layer, which just sets some
parameters and imports the docbook.xsl stylesheet.

This worked fine with 1.5.1, but with 1.6.0 the stylesheets that are included
by docbook.xsl are no longer resolved relatively to it, but to the directory
executing ant.

A workaround was to put my customisation stylesheets within the directory of
the docbook stylesheets, then the includes/imports are resolved correctly, but
I want to avoid to mix them up.

Thats probably more a TrAX / URI-resolving issue, but maybe somebody here can
give me some pointers

TIA,
Markus

Re: problem with style task in ant 1.6

Posted by Markus Spath <ms...@arcor.de>.
Claas Thiele wrote:

> Generally the use of xmlcatalog should solve the problem.
> In this case, the location of the docbook stylesheets is customizable by
> a property.

> Works fine for me and is much more felxible.

thanks Claas, works nicely

Posted by Claas Thiele <ct...@ct42.de>.
Markus Spath wrote:

---- CUT ----

> A workaround was to put my customisation stylesheets within the
> directory of the docbook stylesheets, then the includes/imports are
> resolved correctly, but I want to avoid to mix them up.
>
> Thats probably more a TrAX / URI-resolving issue, but maybe somebody
> here can give me some pointers

Generally the use of xmlcatalog should solve the problem.
In this case, the location of the docbook stylesheets is customizable by
a property.

Looks like that:
build.xml: (DOCBOOK_HOME has to be set)
   <xslt

	style="mydocbook.xsl>
     <xmlcatalog>
         <dtd publicId="-//CT42//ANT docbook-html"
              location="${DOCBOOK_HOME}/html/docbook.xsl"/>
     </xmlcatalog>
   </xslt>

mydocbook.xsl:

   <!-- import the original docbook stylesheet via ant xmlcatalog -->
   <xsl:import href="-//CT42//ANT docbook-html"/>

Works fine for me and is much more felxible.

Claas Thiele

Dipl.-Inf. Claas Thiele          	EMail: cthiele@ct42.de
Konradstr. 58                    	Web:   http://ct42.de
04315 Leipzig                    	Tel.: +49 (0)341 68 70 92 29
GERMANY                          	Fax   +49 (0)341 68 70 92 30