Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by vi...@hotmail.com on 2008/12/31 02:26:34 UTC

Feedback releases/release-10.4.2.0.html

In the embedded mode, can relative path be used in the connection URL ?

I think, for example,  such as 'jdbc:derby:c:/derby1021/vsjdb' is not good.

Can it be changed to relative path ? thank you``

Re: Feedback releases/release-10.4.2.0.html

Posted by "John H. Embretsen" <Jo...@Sun.COM>.
virtual_function@hotmail.com wrote:
> In the embedded mode, can relative path be used in the connection URL ?
>
> I think, for example,  such as 'jdbc:derby:c:/derby1021/vsjdb' is not good.
>
> Can it be changed to relative path ? thank you``

Yes, you can use relative paths in embedded mode.

For example, if you change it to 'jdbc:derby:vsjdb' Derby will look for
a database called "vsjdb" within either the directory from which you
started your embedding application (same as the Java "user.dir"
property) (default) or the directory specified by the property
derby.system.home, if set.

See also http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseNamesRelativeAbsolute
and
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.4/devguide/cdevdvlp34964.html