Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Strickland, Lawrence P" <St...@uihc.uiowa.edu> on 2004/09/02 19:59:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2 on Suse 9.1 ProxyPassReverse not working

Apache 2 on Suse 9.1 ProxyPassReverse not working
I am setting up a reverse proxy server on Apache 2/Suse 9.1 . I have =
loaded all the appropriate
modules ( according to the article in Apache Week) and I still can't =
seem to get it to do the
reverse proxy thing.=20

I copied the configuration from the article "Running a Reverse Proxy =
with Apache:" ( with modifications for my server names ) but it doesn't =
seem to be doing any redirecting.

Is there a simple way I can test this to make sure my configuration is =
correct?

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 on Suse 9.1 ProxyPassReverse not working

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Strickland, Lawrence P wrote:

> Apache 2 on Suse 9.1 ProxyPassReverse not working

ProxyPassReverse deals with HTTP headers.  What isn't working?
You'll need an update if you're trying to rewrite cookies.

> I am setting up a reverse proxy server on Apache 2/Suse 9.1 . I have =
> loaded all the appropriate
> modules ( according to the article in Apache Week) and I still can't =
> seem to get it to do the
> reverse proxy thing.=20

Are you also rewriting links within HTML?  If so, enable verbose logging
to see exactly what your rules are doing.

> Is there a simple way I can test this to make sure my configuration is =
> correct?

What happens if you use identical ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse
directives?

--
Nick Kew