Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Otto Cordero <oc...@sipecom.com> on 2003/04/26 20:15:41 UTC

Security

Dear list,

I need to implement a serious security module for our system using Java, I would like to know what technologies could you suggets that can be combined with Turbine efficiently.

Thanks,

Otto.

Re: Security

Posted by Bill Mulert <wd...@zygno.org>.
Looks like none of the providers are symetric ciphers.
I'm looking for a way to protect credit card numbers and other personal
information in the database.

Re: Security

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
See :

Re: Security

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.

Re: Security

Posted by Bill Mulert <wd...@zygno.org>.
A crypto service? Really?
I sure don't see it in tdk-2.2
What release is it in?

Re: Security

Posted by Otto Cordero <oc...@sipecom.com>.
Thanks Peter,

Does the fact of having Tomcat behind Httpd with mod_ssl means that I do not
need to manage encryption in Turbine? how does this affect the work that I
should do on the Java side.

Moreover, is there something like a "typical" or "suggested" security
configuration when using httpd and a tomcat server with Turbine? Something
about your own experience with be very useful.

Re: Security

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Otto,

--