Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by kokie <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 03:24:50 UTC

About the WS-Policy support

Can the WSDL4J read a wsdl file with policy information in it?I've got a
problem to codegen against a WSDL with WS-Security Policy(The wsdl file is
from policy sample01 in rampart release).So I debugged the Axis2 1.3 source
code ,found that the  WSDLReader seems that it cannot read the policy
information.The wsdl file is attached.

--
$BHlB<Qx?4(B

Re: About the WS-Policy support

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I agree. But it is something that wsdl4j folks need to take care of.
However when the WSDL document is being processed, the QName of the wrapped
element within the UnknownExtensibilityElement against the QName of policy
expressions. Hence the processing of policy expression is type safe.

Cheers,
--Sanka

2008/1/25 Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>:

> Is there any reason why the policy extension elements aren't implemented
> as first-class Classes instead of using the non-type safe
> UnknownExtensibilityElement? They would be much easier to deal with in that
> way.
>
> Cheers,
> Jeremy
>

> On 24/01/2008, Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kokie,
> >
> > WSDL4J does not identify policy expressions separately. That is WSDL4J
> > doesn't implement a component like WSDL4J policy extension element.
> > However that information is preserved in the WSDL4J object model as
> > Unknown extension element. WSDL2AxisServiceBuilder use this information
> > when building an AxisService from a WSDL.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sanka
> >

> > kokie wrote:
> > > Can the WSDL4J read a wsdl file with policy information in it?I've got
> > > a problem to codegen against a WSDL with WS-Security Policy(The wsdl
> > > file is from policy sample01 in rampart release).So I debugged the
> > > Axis2 1.3 source code ,found that the WSDLReader seems that it cannot
> > > read the policy information.The wsdl file is attached.
> > >
> > > --
> > > 緋村劍心

> > 1/22/2008 8:12 PM
> >

> > --
> > Sanka Samaranayake
> > WSO2 Inc.
> >
> > http://sankas.blogspot.com/
> > http://www.wso2.org/

Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://sankas.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.org/

Re: About the WS-Policy support

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kokie,

kokie wrote:
> Can the WSDL4J read a wsdl file with policy information in it?I've got
> a problem to codegen against a WSDL with WS-Security Policy(The wsdl
> file is from policy sample01 in rampart release).So I debugged the
> Axis2 1.3 source code ,found that the WSDLReader seems that it cannot
> read the policy information.The wsdl file is attached.
>
> --
> 緋村劍心

Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.