Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Singh, Naveen" <NS...@tiaa-cref.org> on 2005/01/14 19:37:28 UTC

Help- Web Service method called twice

Hi,

I am calling a web service method 'startDownload' from my Struts Action
class. I made it an asynchronous method by putting only  <wsdl:input and no
<wsdl:output in the wsdl. My web service method does a lot of work and takes
around 10-15 minutes to complete. So the client makes an asynchronous call
and then poll database to see if the method is completed.
Problem is, after I call the method once. It gets called again after 5
minutes. I looked at my debug statements and saw that my client is not
calling it again.
It is as if axis client side is calling it again after a set time of 5
minutes. Anybody encountered this? It would be a great help as we are stuck.

Client code:
		DownloadManagerServiceLocator locator = new
DownloadManagerServiceLocator();
		DownloadManager downloadManagerStub2 =
locator.getFADownloadWebService(new URL(fadwsrooturl +
"/fadownloadwebservice/services/FADownloadWebService"));

downloadManagerStub2.startDownload(downloadId,monitorConnectionId,null);

WSDL file:
      <wsdl:operation name="startDownload" parameterOrder="downloadId
connectionId statusDate">

         <wsdl:input message="impl:startDownloadRequest"
name="startDownloadRequest"/>

      </wsdl:operation>

Generated stub code:

public void startDownload(String downloadId, String connectionId, String
statusDate)
        throws RemoteException
    {
        if(super.cachedEndpoint == null)
        {
            throw new NoEndPointException();
        } else
        {
            Call _call = createCall();
            _call.setOperation(_operations[0]);
            _call.setUseSOAPAction(true);
            _call.setSOAPActionURI("");
            _call.setSOAPVersion(SOAPConstants.SOAP11_CONSTANTS);
            _call.setOperationName(new
QName("http://66800-singhn.wins.tiaa-cref.org/fadownloadwebservice/services/
FADownloadWebService", "startDownload"));
            setRequestHeaders(_call);
            setAttachments(_call);
            _call.invokeOneWay(new Object[] {
                downloadId, connectionId, statusDate
            });
            return;
        }
    }

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF