Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by gregh <gr...@ricoh-uk.com> on 2006/08/08 14:54:54 UTC

IfModifiedWeblogPageCacheFilter IllegalArgumentException

Hello,

This code:

if (updateTime != null) {
	// convert date (JDK 1.5 workaround)
	String date = dateFormatter.format(updateTime);
	updateTime = new Date(date);
	if (updateTime.compareTo(sinceDate) <= 0) {
		mLogger.debug("NOT_MODIFIED " + key);
				response.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_MODIFIED);
					return;
		}
}

always throws an exception in new Date(date) and never gets to the return,
when using JDK1.5.

Not sure if the filter is doing what it is supposed to when the code is
modified ie updateTime = dateFormatter.parse(date);

Cheers greg.
Sent from the Roller - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Re: IfModifiedWeblogPageCacheFilter IllegalArgumentException

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
All of the caching and if-modified-since handling is done directly in
the appropriate servlets in 3.0, so you can check out any of the classes
under org.apache.roller.ui.rendering.servlets.*

You are most likely interested in the PageServlet (weblog pages) and
FeedServlet (weblog feeds).

-- Allen

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
People might be running 2.3 for some time, so I'll probably fix it for 2.3
even so.

--a.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Greg:

Note: I've fixed ROL-1201 and ROL-1207 in trunk revision 431060 by
eliminating all of the cruft around formatting in the filters and just
comparing long time values from getTime() which skirts the JDK 1.5 bug (id
5103041) entirely.

Should solve your issue as well if you grab those files.
--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Thanks for this info.

One more question.  What browser are you using?

--a.

Posted by gregh <gr...@ricoh-uk.com>.
Anil,

[...]

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I've commented here:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/roller/browse/ROL-1201

If you want to watch progress/comment further please do so there.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
My suggestion is to try upgrading to JDK 1.5.0_07 and see if you can still
reproduce.

--a.

Posted by gregh <gr...@ricoh-uk.com>.
Anil,

java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

Version 2.3,  btw there are other filters with the same line of code.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Greg, can you tell me the full version info for JDK 1.5 version you are
running?  Also, what OS are you on?

--a.