Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Hagemeister, Marco (KBV)" <MH...@kbv.de> on 2016/08/16 06:23:10 UTC

Apache PDFBox functionalities

Dear community,

I'd like to know if Apache PDFBox does offer the following functionalities:

*         Process / save PDF/A-3 documents

*         Read / write XMP metadata

*         Read / write / format AcroForm fields

Thanks for help! Best regards, Marco Hagemeister

Re: Apache PDFBox functionalities

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Dear Marco,

> Am 16.08.2016 um 08:23 schrieb Hagemeister, Marco (KBV) <MH...@kbv.de>:
>
> Dear community,
>
> I'd like to know if Apache PDFBox does offer the following functionalities:
>

> *         Process / save PDF/A-3 documents

PDFBox supports that but please be aware that due to the fact that PDFBox is a low level library you have to ensure the conformance yourself i.e. there is no 'Save as PDF/A-3'. You might want to take a look at http://www.mustangproject.org which uses PDFBox to support  ZUGFeRD (electronic invoicing) which also needs PDF/A-3.

> *         Read / write XMP metadata

Yes - via XMPBOX, JempBox or you can use any other XMP library.

> *         Read / write / format AcroForm fields

Yes.

If you have specific questions please feel free to ask them here. Maybe you could outline what you are trying to achieve so we can provide some more pointers to get you started. One of the comitters is also located in Berlin as some others are German based - might give you the opportunity to hack something together face to face.

BR
Maruan