Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au> on 2014/05/27 01:48:34 UTC

200k fate locks in zookeeper [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

UNOFFICIAL

I'm seeing an issue caused by there being almost 200k fate locks in zookeeper.  The problem is that zookeeper is configured to return no more than 1mb of data for each query.  When the Accumulo master queries the fate directory on startup the response exceeds the 1mb limit and zookeeper disconnects the session.  Accumulo then retries the query, and it all happens again.  We have managed to increase the query limit for the zkcli client using the jute.maxbuffer setting, but are not clear how to setup Accumulo to use the larger query size when calling the zookeeper jar.  We tried setting this through the zoo.cfg, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

For completeness, the reason there are so many fate locks is because the Accumulo binaries were inadvertantly deleted while ingest and queries were running :( which has left things in this state.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

RE: 200k fate locks in zookeeper [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Posted by "Dickson, Matt MR" <ma...@defence.gov.au>.
UNOFFICIAL

Setting this via the accumulo-env.sh fixed the problem.

Thanks again for the swift response to my questions.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.