Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pat <pa...@xvalheru.org> on 2006/07/20 11:34:20 UTC

table row numbers per page

Hi all,

I'm back again. I need to number the table rows, but table rows on each page
starts counting from '1'. The sample is:
- page start
-- table start
1 | row...
2 | row...
3 | row...
- page end

- page start
1 | row...
2 | row...
3 | row...
4 | row...
- page end

- page start
1 | row...
2 | row...
-- table end
- page end

And the number of the rows on the page is not constant.

Could someone help ???

Thanks a lot

     Pat

Re: table row numbers per page

Posted by pat <pa...@xvalheru.org>.
Hi,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:36:19 +0200, Andreas L Delmelle wrote
> On Jul 20, 2006, at 11:34, pat wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'm back again. I need to number the table rows, but table rows on
> > each page
> > starts counting from '1'. The sample is:
> <snip />
>
> Ouch! Tough one, and I'm afraid even outright impossible when you
> don't have control over the page-breaks. :(
>
> Read this latter as: "...when you're not adding your own break-*='page'"
>
> If you were using only explicit page-breaks, then it would become a
> question of grouping the source nodes that correspond to/generate
> the  rows, in combination with xsl:number.
>
> Alas, if some page-breaks are generated by the formatter, there is
> no  way to know where on the page a given row will end up.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andreas

I was afraid of that :-\ Thanks.

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.