Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Pål Fugelli <pa...@ped.uio.no> on 2009/07/07 09:58:21 UTC

About doctoral research project

Information about doctoral research project

Dear mod_perl contributors,

This is to inform briefly about my research purpose in relation to the
mod_perl project. I’m a PhD student in educational science at University
of Oslo, Norway. The research is focused on interaction and knowledge
sharing in open source projects. More specific, it’s about how shared
understandings evolve around open source codes.

Due to the dynamic distributed peer review and high quality output of
the mod_perl project, it is of special interest for gaining deeper
insight into the ‘knowledge machineries’ associated with open source
software development.

The plan is to read through the mailing list archive available at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/ and study the
content of postings from two contrasting sub-groups within the project
that contributes frequent and less frequent.

The research is conducted from July 15th until November 29th this year.
Results will be published and shared in a monograph with the working
title “Intersubjectivity around expert objects - Inquiries into the
knowledge practices of software development”.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards, Pål Fugelli
PhD Researcher University of Oslo

Re: About doctoral research project

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Pål Fugelli wrote:
> Information about doctoral research project

Allright guys, so now you know : we're being watched.
Thus in the next month or so, no trolls or flames, be nice and
considerate, check you spelling, verify your quotes, and write only nice
things about perl and about doctoral researchers.