Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Jorge Lopez <Jo...@eu.equinix.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/14 08:34:25 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] RE: Mount remote directory in guacd connections

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your response.

What we are looking for it’s to mount a ‘common’ directory for all our remote connections, this directory will act as a repository with common data for all of them, like programs, xls… where users can use it if it’s required, without having to upload any file that they need and is available in this folder. Something like sshfs once the connection is started:

[cid:image014.png@01D90F9E.2B844B40]

In RDP connections we achieved it with a symbolic link from the drive path defined for RDP connections to this directory on the host where guacd container is running:

[cid:image015.png@01D90F9E.97A59180]

[cid:image016.png@01D90F9E.CDD09A70]

Is it possible to do this for ssh connections?

And for RDP connections, is it possible to apply this automatically for all directories defined for each user to upload their files?

Thanks

Jorge López Díaz
Managed Services Operations Senior Analyst

EQUINIX | Calle Valgrande 6, 28108, Alcobendas, Madrid, España
E jorge.lopez@eu.equinix.com<ma...@eu.equinix.com> | M +34682449912
 [signature_1143971945] <https://equinix.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5tZRNCGwOKna7A1>
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/equinix>[LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/equinix>[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/Equinix>[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/equinixvideos>

De: Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID>
Fecha: lunes, 12 de diciembre de 2022, 18:14
Para: user@guacamole.apache.org <us...@guacamole.apache.org>
Asunto: [EXTERNAL] RE: Mount remote directory in guacd connections
Hello Jorge,

You can do a drive share with SSH connections (as the connector type), just enable SFTP.

If you are looking for a GUI upload and download use the hot keys CRTL+ALT+SHIFT to engage the menu and you will see the Drive option in there.
[cid:image002.jpg@01D90E0A.0E121C30]
If you need further help I can do a simple recording of the process and upload that to our media site for you to watch.

Also be aware that libssh2 may need to be updated on the system you are using SSH they changed the default security (more restrictive) setting in the newer openssh program.

Hope this helps

Thank You
Sean Hulbert

Founder / CEO
Work Ph: 925.663.5565

Security Centric Inc.
A Cybersecurity Virtualization Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!

 [SCILOGOMSP450]

System Award Management
CAGE: 8AUV4

AFCEA San Francisco Chapter V.P.

If you have heard of a hacker by name, he/she has failed, fear the hacker you haven’t heard of!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication. Content within this email communication is not legally binding as a contract and no promises are guaranteed unless in a formal contract outside this email communication.

igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!!!

Epitoma Rei Militaris

De: Jorge Lopez <Jo...@eu.equinix.com>>
Fecha: miércoles, 7 de diciembre de 2022, 12:33
Para: user@guacamole.apache.org<ma...@guacamole.apache.org> <us...@guacamole.apache.org>>
Asunto: Mount remote directory in guacd connections
Hi,

On the servers where our guacd containers are running we have a directory with some common data that acts as a repository.

Is it possible to mount this directory through config parameters or something like that for new connections to servers?

Or something like a tunnel through ssh port and mount this directory?

Our purpose is to make available this repository with common data for all our remote connections.

 [signature_3215929081] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/equinix.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5tZRNCGwOKna7A1__;!!PcPv50trKLWG!0C0-LIlDqz6djvDA7qQWFGIAgGhEKtcpk7v8s6IPkCrnJXYh5Tpj_btPxediGJZRr9hgHKiD_U6_lItghwDN5GWPlsMlgdUnYW71lQ$>
[Twitter]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/equinix__;!!PcPv50trKLWG!0C0-LIlDqz6djvDA7qQWFGIAgGhEKtcpk7v8s6IPkCrnJXYh5Tpj_btPxediGJZRr9hgHKiD_U6_lItghwDN5GWPlsMlgdXHsAFl3Q$>[LinkedIn]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.linkedin.com/company/equinix__;!!PcPv50trKLWG!0C0-LIlDqz6djvDA7qQWFGIAgGhEKtcpk7v8s6IPkCrnJXYh5Tpj_btPxediGJZRr9hgHKiD_U6_lItghwDN5GWPlsMlgdVnHpHpJg$>[Facebook]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.facebook.com/Equinix__;!!PcPv50trKLWG!0C0-LIlDqz6djvDA7qQWFGIAgGhEKtcpk7v8s6IPkCrnJXYh5Tpj_btPxediGJZRr9hgHKiD_U6_lItghwDN5GWPlsMlgdUAqR4XWg$>[YouTube]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.youtube.com/user/equinixvideos__;!!PcPv50trKLWG!0C0-LIlDqz6djvDA7qQWFGIAgGhEKtcpk7v8s6IPkCrnJXYh5Tpj_btPxediGJZRr9hgHKiD_U6_lItghwDN5GWPlsMlgdU7K-7fVw$>

This email is from Equinix (EMEA) B.V. or one of its associated companies in the territory from where this email has been sent. This email, and any files transmitted with it, contains information which is confidential, is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email immediately. Equinix (EMEA) B.V.. Registered Office: Amstelplein 1, 1096 HA Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Registered in The Netherlands No. 57577889.

Posted by Jorge Lopez <Jo...@eu.equinix.com.INVALID>.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your support.

We will try this.

 [signature_2839390479] <https://equinix.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5tZRNCGwOKna7A1>

De: Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>
Fecha: miércoles, 14 de diciembre de 2022, 14:30
Para: user@guacamole.apache.org <us...@guacamole.apache.org>
On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 3:35 AM Jorge Lopez <Jo...@eu.equinix.com.invalid> wrote:
Hello Sean,

Thanks for your response.

What we are looking for it’s to mount a ‘common’ directory for all our remote connections, this directory will act as a repository with common data for all of them, like programs, xls… where users can use it if it’s required, without having to upload any file that they need and is available in this folder. Something like sshfs once the connection is started:

[cid:18510cd992f22c1e53e]

In RDP connections we achieved it with a symbolic link from the drive path defined for RDP connections to this directory on the host where guacd container is running:

[cid:18510cd992f23a35d4f]

[cid:18510cd992f2484d5510]

Is it possible to do this for ssh connections?

I'm not sure this is possible completely through Guacamole, but I think there are some alternative scenarios you could consider that would accomplish the same thing across the board. For example, you could:
* Set up a central server, perhaps LInux-based, that would share a filesystem via NFS, SMB, and SSH/SFTP.
* In the RDP and SSH connections, enable and configure the SFTP option to point to this directory.
* On your Linux remote systems, mount the folder via NFS or SSHFS.
* On your Windows remote systems, access the share via SMB.

This is a bit simplified - depending on what you're sharing that folder for, you may have to deal with some access control issues - enabling POSIX ACLs, etc.

-NIck

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.