Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steven Wagner <sw...@scea.com> on 2006/02/16 00:43:26 UTC

[users@httpd] wildcard in proxypass logic

Hello, I'm new to this list and apologize if my protocol is incorrect. I'm trying to set up proxy using wildcards. The apache is being used as a front end security layer to a pool of tomcat servers. The idea is to provide a means to route different product server requests to different tomcat servers pools, where the more popular products would have bigger pools. But since there could potentially be a large number of product (most of which would not be that popular), we wanted to have a default tomcat pool, hence the use of the wildcard. So with the following httpd.conf settings requests for product1/services and product2/services are proxied correctly, but requests for product3/services return a 403 Forbidden error, where as I would have thought it would be handled by the wild card entry. Any insight to the problem or alternative solutions are appreciated. Thanks.

<Location /product1/services/>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
ProxyPass                 http://poduct1-tomcat:8080/web-app/services/