Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ajTreece <aj...@sun.com> on 2002/10/21 17:14:01 UTC

ApplicationResources and 1.1b2

Morning folks...

I have recently upgraded from 1.1b1 to 1.1b2 and ran into a couple of
problems. The first was logging, but I found the solution in the
archives which was to use the newly released Commons Logging jar. The
problem I'm having now is with messages via
ApplicationResources.properties... All I get is the standard
???en_US.heading.user.data??? type message text which is telling me that
the properties file is not being initialized correctly.

This worked like a champ in 1.1b1. Is there a configuration change in
1.1b2 that I'm not aware of? I've checked that archives, but haven't
found anything that points me in the right direction.

Thanks, ajTreece

RE: ApplicationResources and 1.1b2

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
There have been no (to my knowledge) changes to the MessageResources API in
quite a while.  I've completed a DBMessageResources implementation which
works fine for both 1.1b1 and 1.1.b2.

Sorry if that doesn't help you.  Have you ensured that app is deploying
correctly?

James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
http://www.open-tools.org