Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Simer Plaha <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/27 11:40:38 UTC

Question regarding shindig-Java

Hi,

I'm a java developer. I just wanted to know if I can build a social network
from scratch using Shindig ? Does shindig provides with the APIs to create
profile, activities, walls, notifications, profile images, adding friends
etc ? By looking at few videos on youtube and few tutorials I understood
that shindig is a common container to host social media app's developers by
developers everywhere but does this API allow me to create a social media
java website from scratch ?

Thanks
Simer

RE: Question regarding shindig-Java

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

We are working on an application that fully supports the OpenSocial spec via Shindig at Rave [1], though it isn't a complete solution yet.

[1] : http://rave.apache.org