Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Luke Bellandi <lb...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/21 18:56:11 UTC

PDFBox & Google App Engine

Hi All,

I was very excited to find PDFBox available to the community -- it's served
a great need for the non-profit web company I'm working with!

We've got a Google App Engine application that we're working on and in which
we'd like to leverage PDFBox.  GAE doesn't support AWT classes, so PDFBox
doesn't work out-of-the-box in that environment.  However, the bulk of what
PDFBox does doesn't actually require AWT -- I've found a number of
workarounds (at least to get my code producing PDFs -- I haven't tested the
whole of the PDFBox library.)  These changes I've made locally are entirely
non-disruptive, and I'd like to submit them to be considered for inclusion
in the main source repository.  Who can I get in touch with to do that?

Thanks!
Luke Bellandi
lbellandi79@gmail.com

Re: PDFBox & Google App Engine

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 21.05.2011 18:56, schrieb Luke Bellandi:
> Hi All,
>
> I was very excited to find PDFBox available to the community -- it's served
> a great need for the non-profit web company I'm working with!
>
> We've got a Google App Engine application that we're working on and in which
> we'd like to leverage PDFBox.  GAE doesn't support AWT classes, so PDFBox
> doesn't work out-of-the-box in that environment.  However, the bulk of what
> PDFBox does doesn't actually require AWT -- I've found a number of
> workarounds (at least to get my code producing PDFs -- I haven't tested the
> whole of the PDFBox library.)  These changes I've made locally are entirely
> non-disruptive, and I'd like to submit them to be considered for inclusion
> in the main source repository.  Who can I get in touch with to do that?
Sounds good. Please file an issue on JIRA [1] and attach the code as diff patch
file. We'll check the code and hopefully integrate it into the source.

> Thanks!
> Luke Bellandi
> lbellandi79@gmail.com
Thanks in advance for your offer!

BR
Andreas Lehmkuehler

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX

Re: PDFBox & Google App Engine

Posted by Ken Bowen <ke...@form-runner.com>.
Luke,

We've been (slowly) doing some work on using PDFBox on GAE too.  It may be that you've already done everything we've done, and then maybe not.  When you send the diff patch that Andreas requested, please send it to me too.  We'll go over it here and see if you've covered everything we've done, or whether there is some addition material that we can add.

Thanks in advance,
Ken Bowen