Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de> on 2004/03/24 09:36:08 UTC

Re: Visit object

>why store it in the visit?

I would like to display conditional components on
client specific stuff, e.g. the subdomain, ip
address/country etc.

With the visit object it would be easy to do.

Or am I wrong there?

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de

Re: Visit object

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Mar 24, 2004, at 3:36 AM, ford prefect wrote:

>> why store it in the visit?
>
> I would like to display conditional components on
> client specific stuff, e.g. the subdomain, ip
> address/country etc.
>
> With the visit object it would be easy to do.
>
> Or am I wrong there?

If you simply have page getters,  you can access them directly with
OGNL expressions.  For example, to write out the IP address:

with

   public String ip(IRequestCycle cycle) {
     return cycle...... // (whatever it takes to drill down to getting
the IP address)
   }

Or you could store the IP address at PageRenderListener.pageBeginRender
time (and clear it during initialize) so your express could be as
simple as "ognl:ip" - even shorter than using Visit :)

	Erik