Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jérémie LOPEZ <jl...@mgn.net> on 2004/08/06 11:18:38 UTC

[FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)

Hi all,

I'm using the Commons FileUpload in a webapp hosted on a unix server.
When a windows client uploads a text file with accented characters, they're
replaced by '?' or 'ý'...
I suppose I must specify some character encoding or that sort of thing, but
where and what exactly?

TIA

JimmyL.

Re: [FileUpload] character encoding problem (URGENT! PLZ HELP!)

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.
I would assume you do something like this:

DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();

upload.setHeaderEncoding("UTF-8");

(I haven't tried it myself.)

--
Jason Lea