Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com> on 2013/07/17 02:06:16 UTC

[jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-104
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/rackerlabs/jclouds-cli mvn-fix-inheritance

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn)

-- File Changes --

    M assembly/pom.xml (42)
    M branding/pom.xml (4)
    M pom.xml (25)
    M runner/pom.xml (15)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9.diff

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Andrew Bayer <no...@github.com>.
>      </dependency>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
>        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
>        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
>        <type>tar.gz</type>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Consensus is that since we never were running the duplicate-finder plugin on cli/karaf before, and adding it causes problems, well, then we should disable it for those guys. =)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9/files#r5251509

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>      </dependency>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
>        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
>        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
>        <type>tar.gz</type>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Quick question about these - I guess we need them for the packaging but want to avoid deps? Is this related to the "duplicate classes" issue you mentioned in the [JIRA comment](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-104?focusedCommentId=13707395&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13707395)? Would e.g. `<scope>provided<scope>` help here to avoid transitive dependency resolution?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9/files#r5232700

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-cli-pull-requests #1](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-cli-pull-requests/1/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9#issuecomment-21083743

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
>      </dependency>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
>        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
>        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
>        <type>tar.gz</type>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Will do. Just to clarify, the exclusions ensure the transient dependencies are not being included multiple times. So the duplicate checking plugin is not affected.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9/files#r5245866

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
>      </dependency>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
>        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
>        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
>        <type>tar.gz</type>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Hm, no, scope provided will not work I think. I tried it  as well as some other stuff along those lines. The problem is all the transient dependencies. By excluding them here the plugin that checks duplicates does not fail (as they are already present from the parent). And yes, this is exactly related to the duplicate resources problem as per the JIRA comments.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9/files#r5234822

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Matt Stephenson <no...@github.com>.
>      </dependency>
>      <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
>        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
>        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
>        <type>tar.gz</type>
> +      <exclusions>
> +        <exclusion>
> +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> +        </exclusion>
> +      </exclusions>

Wildcard exclusions is not the way to solve this.  Please ping me on irc
tomorrow.  The duplicate checking plugin is very important to keeping
jclouds clean and simple.
On Jul 16, 2013 10:20 PM, "Zack Shoylev" <no...@github.com> wrote:

> In assembly/pom.xml:
>
> >      </dependency>
> >      <dependency>
> >        <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
> >        <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
> >        <version>${karaf.version}</version>
> >        <type>tar.gz</type>
> > +      <exclusions>
> > +        <exclusion>
> > +          <groupId>*</groupId>
> > +          <artifactId>*</artifactId>
> > +        </exclusion>
> > +      </exclusions>
>
> Hm, no, scope provided will not work I think. I tried it as well as some
> other stuff along those lines. The problem is all the transient
> dependencies. By excluding them here the plugin that checks duplicates does
> not fail (as they are already present from the parent). And yes, this is
> exactly related to the duplicate resources problem as per the JIRA comments.
>
> —
> .

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9/files#r5234963

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#9)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Closed #9.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/9