Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Norbert Hirneisen <no...@s2you.de> on 2007/06/04 13:32:19 UTC

jsp-output in wrong frames

Hello list,

We are using Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 with jvm 1.5.0_07-b03 on Linux Kernel
2.6.19.2-monolithic (suse) together with Apache2 using the httpd2-worker
configuration.
Tomcat is given 512-1024 MB Ram by java with permGemMem of 256 MB. The
application is a struts-app using frames (top-left-main).
All is working fine with two exceptions:
First: Sometimes (every couple of days) the connection count is rising and after
a while tomcat uses 99% of processor time. This occurs when spammers are trying
to put spam in our discussion boards and the manipulated urls they are using are
causing soem errors. Only solution is to kill the tomcat process - a graceful
reload of tomcat isn´t possible any more. Most of the time after restarting
tomcat all is working fine again but sometimes this doesn´t help: I have to
reboot the server (IBM xS23ver x330, 2x1,1 GHz, 2 GB RAM). Strangely, these
serious problems occur every 40-50 days.
Second: Sometimes the jsps were delivered in the wrong frames. The content is
puzzled - randomly other parts of the application are showing in the frames. If
I look at the frame information in Firefox the given Url is correct but the
content doesn´t match the url. The is a most annoying thing for our customers
(and us as well) and we would be very grateful for a suggestion.

Load: about 3000 visits / 35.000 pageviews / 100.000 hits a day.

Thanks for your help.

Norbert

Regards,
Norbert

Norbert Hirneisen

science4you Online-Monitoring
http://www.science4you.org
email: nobbi@s2you.de <ma...@s2you.de>

Please visit us:
http://www.science4you.org
(in German)

Euro+Med Plant Conservation
www.http://www.s2you.com/euromed/ <http://www.http://www.s2you.com/euromed/>
(in English)

European Moth Night: www.falternacht.de <http://www.falternacht.de>  (in German)
Butterfly findings: www.falterfunde.de <http://www.falterfunde.de>  (in German)
Migratory butterflies and moths: www.s2you.com/platform/monitoring/
<http://www.s2you.com/platform/monitoring/>  (in German)

Protected species by law in Germany
http://www.wisia.de (in German)

Red lists
http://www.redlist.info (in German)

Norbert Hirneisen
Science & Communications
von-Müllenark-Str. 19
53179 Bonn
phone +49-228-6194930

AW: jsp-output in wrong frames

Posted by Norbert Hirneisen <no...@s2you.de>.
David,
thanks for your response.
I will check the app regarding session scope objects.

Regards,
Norbert

En l'instant précis du 04/06/07 13:32, Norbert Hirneisen s'exprimait en
ces termes:
> Hello list,
>
> We are using Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 with jvm 1.5.0_07-b03 on Linux Kernel
> 2.6.19.2-monolithic (suse) together with Apache2 using the httpd2-worker
> configuration.
> Tomcat is given 512-1024 MB Ram by java with permGemMem of 256 MB. The
> application is a struts-app using frames (top-left-main).
> All is working fine with two exceptions:
> First: Sometimes (every couple of days) the connection count is rising and
after
> a while tomcat uses 99% of processor time. This occurs when spammers are
trying
> to put spam in our discussion boards and the manipulated urls they are using
are
> causing soem errors. Only solution is to kill the tomcat process - a graceful
> reload of tomcat isn´t possible any more. Most of the time after restarting
> tomcat all is working fine again but sometimes this doesn´t help: I have to
> reboot the server (IBM xS23ver x330, 2x1,1 GHz, 2 GB RAM). Strangely, these
> serious problems occur every 40-50 days.

Fors this part, fix your struts form/action to not generate errors or
ignore badly encoded urls
> Second: Sometimes the jsps were delivered in the wrong frames. The content is
> puzzled - randomly other parts of the application are showing in the frames.
If
> I look at the frame information in Firefox the given Url is correct but the
> content doesn´t match the url. The is a most annoying thing for our customers
> (and us as well) and we would be very grateful for a suggestion.
>
> Load: about 3000 visits / 35.000 pageviews / 100.000 hits a day.

Are the 2 or 3 frames generated using the same struts action / form ? I
yes, check to make sure they are defined as request scope and not
session scope. When you load several frames at same time, browser issues
requests in parallel. If something in your code use a session level
object without surrouding synchronization, you my have troubles,
especially if the backing 'form' in struts you are using is session scoped.

Re: jsp-output in wrong frames

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
http://struts.apache.org/mail.html