Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "McDermid, Ian" <Im...@metiom.com.au> on 2001/02/12 22:54:34 UTC

Setting up server.xml

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the server.xml setting for postgresql, or has anyone
got this going sucessfully.

Solved! problems compiling mod_jk.so etc.

Posted by J Austin <au...@cals.debbs.ndhq.dnd.ca>.
I finally had enough of this. Jakarta-Tomcat is obviously not yet up to the
quality we have come to expect from other Apache projects (this is not
a flame! but my professional opinion). If I get the time I may contribute
to the project but for now I have real work to do.

I went to http://www.caucho.com/ downloaded and installed Resin 1.2.2
and now I am back in business.

Solved (re-solved) probs compiling modules with apxs

Posted by J Austin <au...@cals.debbs.ndhq.dnd.ca>.
Shortly after I posted a message to the list about being unable to compile
mod_jk or mod_jserv,
I found a reference to the PHP FAQ that contained the information I needed to
fix my
copy of apxs so tha I could compile the modules I need.

I have been unable to post the information to FAQ-O-MATIC. Could I ask one of
you
'insiders' to add the information in  the PHP FAQ to the Tomcat and possibly
Apache
FAQ's ??

        http://www.php.net/FAQ.php#6.11

Basically it appears that this problem occurs a lot and wastes considerable
time. In summary,
Solaris users are unable to compile the mod_jk and mod_jserv using apxs as
instructed
in the Tomcat Documentation. The answer is squirreled away in the PHP FAQ. When
I followed these instructions I was able to BUILD Ok on my ancient Solaris 2.5.1

(the dot in my dot-com has holes in the bottom for my feet to touch the road!)

Yabba-dabba-doo Barn!

Re: Setting up server.xml

Posted by janis <ja...@itr.no>.
"McDermid, Ian" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me with the server.xml setting for postgresql, or has anyone
> got this going sucessfully.

Do you mean the Realm for Authentication of users or postgresql in general.
I use the postgres jdbc driver (on Linux, installed from an RPM) by placing
the jdbc7.0-1.2.jar file into the TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory and calling
the classes through the java.sql.* package.

I tried to install (with <Realm> tag in server.xml in Tomcat 4.0/b1)
a JDBC Realm using postgres but I could'nt make it work.

If you find some information about relation Tomcat - Postgres please let
me know.

janis