Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net> on 2012/10/24 08:30:29 UTC

missing GUID in cluster table

mysql> select * from cluster;
+----+-----------+--------------------------------------+------+--------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+------------------+---------------+---------+
| id | name      | uuid                                 | guid |
pod_id | data_center_id | hypervisor_type | cluster_type |
allocation_state | managed_state | removed |
+----+-----------+--------------------------------------+------+--------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+------------------+---------------+---------+
|  1 | SVcluster | d9433492-6e56-<edit> | NULL |      1 |
1 | KVM             | CloudManaged | Enabled          | Managed
| NULL    |
+----+-----------+--------------------------------------+------+--------+----------------+-----------------+--------------+------------------+---------------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I'm trying to add another node to a cluster but I'm getting an error
about my cluster not having a GUID. Sure enough in the DB, I do not.

Looking at other clusters in different cloudstack installes, sure
enough GUID is filled in.

Can I just add a unique GUID to this record and restart cloud-manager?
or do i really need to remove the cluster and redo everything?

-Bryan

Re: missing GUID in cluster table

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.
I took a backup and gave it a shot:

1. shutdown cloud-manager
2. ran update cloud.cluster set guid=UUID() where id=1;
3. started cloud-manager

all works well.

Posted by Bryan Whitehead <dr...@megahappy.net>.