Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> on 2011/04/02 11:39:47 UTC

[1.6.2] Problem with ws.zones.apache.org

When building the 1.6.2 branch, I see warnings like the following:

[INFO] snapshot org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-core:1.6.2-SNAPSHOT: checking for
  updates from apache.ws
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-core
:1.6.2-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository: apache.ws due to an err
or: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'apache.ws' will be blacklisted

The problem seems to be that the repositories at ws.zones.apache.org/repository
and ws.zones.apache.org/repository2 are currently unavailable.

Does anyone know whether this is a temporary issue, or a permanent removal of
these repositories?

   Simon

Re: [1.6.2] Problem with ws.zones.apache.org

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Simon Nash wrote:
> Raymond Feng wrote:
>> Can you try to remove the repos to see if we still need them?
>>
> I will try this.  The last build took two days (!) from an empty repo,
> so I expect it will be some time before I have the results from this.

The build completed successfully without these repositories, so I have
updated the poms in the 1.6.2 branch to remove references to them.

I'll do the same in the 1.x trunk unless anyone thinks they should be kept.

   Simon

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.