Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/11/04 18:33:00 UTC

Isis TLP project website

All,
to date, the Isis website has been a Maven website, updated at each release.

As we move to become a new TLP, we need to move our website.

Reading the current documentation [1], [2], [3], it would seem that the
recommendation from Apache is to use their custom CMS.

I think we should follow this recommendation; among other things it would
allow us to push more timely information out on our site, which should be
good for the community.

That's not to say we abandon the Maven site; however it would be something
we could strip down and make more into reference material (users guides,
javadoc etc etc).

I'm going to proceed on this basis(see INFRA-5483), but yell if you take
major exception to this.

Dan

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer, which
references
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/#web, which references
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html

Re: Isis TLP project website

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Thanks for that.

For myself, I think that having the maven site of the most recent released
hosted within a larger CMS site is the way to go.

This should also help us during transition to a TLP, giving us the way to
have some content up at isis.apache.org prior to pushing out our first
release.

Any opinions from anyone else?

Dan