Posted to user@poi.apache.org by marek brieska <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/06 13:35:23 UTC

XWPFDocument header picture

Hi

I would like to ask you, if is there any way to set picture
into XWPFDocument header

thank you for the reply

Re: XWPFDocument header picture

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
As far as I am aware, the api does not currently support this operations. So,
would you be willing to look into the possibility of adding this
functionality?

Start with Word itself, create a new document and add a picture into it's
header. Save the document away and then unzip the file - it is simply an
archive that will resolve into a series of files and folders. You should
find yourself looking at a series of xml files and one of them will contain
the markup that POI must emulate in order to add an image into the header.
Once you identify those xml elements that must be added into the file to
support images in headers/footers, you should look into the classes that do
exist within the openXML object layer. This underpins POI and must be
manipulated in order to add the necessary functionality.

When you have identified the additional functionality that should be added,
my advice would be to post again here. There are others who know far more
than do I and who will be happy, I am sure, to offer you the help and advice
necessary to adding the functionality into the core api.