Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Faraaz Sareshwala <fs...@quantcast.com> on 2016/06/10 19:13:33 UTC

Updating qfs maintainer

Hi All,

My name is Faraaz Sareshwala and I have been working with the BigTop community to get Quantcast File System (qfs) integrated into the BigTop ecosystem. We have completed the integration and qfs is slated for release within BigTop in version 1.2 coming out in a couple of months. That’s awesome!

Unfortunately, I am leaving Quantcast. I have truly enjoyed working with the BigTop community and getting qfs integrated. This project has been one of the most responsive and welcoming projects that I have had the pleasure of working with. I plan on continuing to submit patches, but not as a Quantcast employee. To that end, I think it is appropriate to transfer maintainership of qfs within BigTop to another Quantcast employee.

I want to introduce you all to Kevin Stinson. Kevin has been with Quantcast since the very early days and is very much capable of fielding all of your questions relating to qfs and our integration with BigTop. I have instructed him about our integration and have created a ticket and pull request to transfer maintainership to him (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2479).

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this change.

Faraaz

Re: Updating qfs maintainer

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 07:13PM, Faraaz Sareshwala wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My name is Faraaz Sareshwala and I have been working with the BigTop
> community to get Quantcast File System (qfs) integrated into the BigTop
> ecosystem. We have completed the integration and qfs is slated for release
> within BigTop in version 1.2 coming out in a couple of months. That’s
> awesome!
>
> Unfortunately, I am leaving Quantcast. I have truly enjoyed working with the
> BigTop community and getting qfs integrated. This project has been one of
> the most responsive and welcoming projects that I have had the pleasure of
> working with. I plan on continuing to submit patches, but not as a Quantcast
> employee. To that end, I think it is appropriate to transfer maintainership
> of qfs within BigTop to another Quantcast employee.

Faraaz, thanks for your contributions to the project so far! I think I speak
here for all, that we are definitely looking forward for your continued
support in the future! As you know, we don't really care much about
affiliation of our community members. You're always contributing here (and
into other Apache projects) as Faraaz and not as Faraaz of FooBar Inc. :) For
that particular reason I encourage people to use their own email address for
the mailing list subscriptions, JIRAs, etc., so they can keep their
credentials unchanged.

That's the benefit and the curse of developing your code in the an open-source
environment: no matter where you get your paycheck from, you're always have a
chance to work with the same people. Good luck to you and we'll see you soon,
I am sure!

> I want to introduce you all to Kevin Stinson. Kevin has been with Quantcast
> since the very early days and is very much capable of fielding all of your
> questions relating to qfs and our integration with BigTop. I have instructed
> him about our integration and have created a ticket and pull request to
> transfer maintainership to him
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2479).

Welcome Kevin! I guess by now you know the drill about the mailing list, JIRA,
and so on. Please don't hesitate to send an email to dev@ shall you have any
questions, ideas, doubts or else ;)

Cheers,
  Cos