Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bernhard Prange <ma...@bernhard-prange.de> on 2014/03/27 09:11:11 UTC

FE Integration with JSON

Hey there,
I am looking for a simple solution to construct a frontend search. The
search provider just gave me a JSON Url.

Anybody has a simple guide or some snippets for that?

Best regards

Bernhard

Re: FE Integration with JSON

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Still not enough details. But let me try to understand:

There is a third party provider. They are exposing Solr directly to
the internet and you have a particular query that returns Solr results
in JSON form.

You want to know if there are libraries/components that will know how
to parse that Solr JSON result and present it on a screen.

Is that about right? If so, there is one big issue to resolve before
wasting time on anything else.

Specifically, Solr should not be exposed directly to the web as it is
not built for security. Unless this third party provider is
specifically building some sort of hardened-hosted-Solr service, in
which case I am very curious to know who they are. Usually, there is a
middle-ware implementation that talks to Solr (like to a database) and
then sends domain-specific results to the client.

There is also a question of what features you are using. E.g. Facets?
Folding? Auto-complete? Etc.

Regards,
   Alex.

Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency